Windsor Voice is the school’s student voice committee. It runs from Years 8- 11 (Year 12 students have a Formal Committee). Students are able to become involved in Windsor Voice by joining the weekly meetings as advertised in the bulletin. New members are always welcome.
Students then meet regularly with a staff member where they have achieved the following successes:
• Created Art work for the school including murals in and around the school.
• Developed and presented Cyber Safety units of work for Year 8 students. This program has run during Extended Care Group lessons.
• Developed and presented a unit of alcohol and other drugs for Year 8 students. This program has run during Extended Care Group lessons.
• Organised fundraising days (casual clothes days) to raise money for elected charities. Including our sponsor child from Tanzania.
• Led tours for students new to the school throughout the year.
• Discussed year level issues on behalf of their year level.
• Organised and collected gifts for ‘Shoe Boxes of Love’ for students overseas who do not normally receive Christmas presents.
• Assisted with school events such as Book Week, Star Wars Day etc.
• Discussed proactive approaches to improving the school grounds and environment to make it comfortable for everyone.
In 2017 the Windsor Voice Committee are also helping to make decisions about the WGSC/GPPS amalgamation.